Saturday, July 10, 2010

Welcome to DIE!

Greetings one and all (which is probably just one). This little blog I've created because I recently re-exposed myself to the X-Men Animated Series (1992-1997). Now, while I loved the series as a small, supple, precocious 9-year-old boy, this time around I found myself taking much enjoyment in mocking it. Before this gets too out of hand, please remember: I am aware that this was a kid's show. I know it's not going to invade my mind and expose me to spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. I get it. That being said, I am also an asshole when it comes to most anything, and even though I still like the show a lot, I am going to thoroughly enjoy tearing it apart.

When taken with a grain of salt, this is probably one of the best cartoon series of all time. All camp aside, the storytelling can be quite adult, and some of the jokes can still be enjoyed by an all-age audience. However, I'm leaving my salt shaker in the kitchen, and I'm going to ridicule the hell out of each episode in the hopes that I will entertain somebody (or at the very least, myself). Think of it as the equivalent of mocking a 5-year-old for making some muddy, amorphous fingerpainting. Let's face it, I'm not above insulting children. So stay tuned for a condescending and often times offensive look at all 76 episodes of this highly-regarding animated series. And above all:

No comments:

Post a Comment